Synchronize vApp data between the two vCloud Director instances - the source and destination sites.
After you perform a failback migration for the selected vApp from the destination site1 to the source site2, the migrated VM starts running on the source site2. A subsequent Reprotect task synchronizes and protects the data from the source site2 back to the destination site1.
Verify that both source and destination sites are available and connected.
Verify that you have performed a Failback task to the vApp.
Verify that the VM that you want to reverse is powered off at the source site2.
- Log in to the vCloud Availability Portal with organization administrator credentials.
- Locate the VM that you want to reprotect in DR Workloads and verify that it is turned off at the source side.
- Call out the Actions pane by clicking the failed back VM.
- Click Reprotect to select the task.
- Click OK to initiate the Reverse task.
You can monitor the progress of the task in the Actions pane.
After the failback reverse task is performed on a VM, the VM appears in the Workloads tab. The VM runs in the source site1 with protected workload in the destination site2. The vApp replication is removed from the list of outgoing replications and appears in the list of incoming replications.