You start a Failover task to recover a protected vApp and its virtual machines from a local to a remote site, or recover a reversed vApp from the remote site back to the original source site.
Verify that the vApp you want to migrate to a remote site is protected in your local site, or the vApp is reversed and is protected in the original source site.
- Log in to the vCloud Availability for Cloud-to-Cloud DR portal as an organization administrator.
- Select the vApp that you want to recover from either the Incoming Replications or the Outgoing Replications pane and click Failover.
The Failover wizard opens.
- In the Recovery Settings pane, use the options to configure the task and click Next.
Consolidate VM disks
When enabled, the Failover operation takes longer to complete but allows for a better performance of the recovered virtual machines.
Power on recovered vApps
Power on the virtual machine after its recovery.
Connect recovered VMs to network
Select a network from the drop-down menu that the protected vApp connects to.
- In the Recovery Instance pane, select the recovery point-in-time option and click Next.
- In the Ready To Complete pane, review the recovery task details and click Finish to initiate the Failover task.
You can monitor the progress of the task in the Incoming Replications or the Outgoing Replications pane.
When the Failover task completes successfully, the vCloud Availability for Cloud-to-Cloud DR portal displays a Complete Recovery state for the vApp. The migrated virtual machines are running in the replication destination site.