You enable the tunneling service communication from vCloud Availability vApp Replication Manager by registering the vCloud Availability Tunnel instances in all sites, before you can pair the on-premise site with cloud sites.
Verify that for all cloud sites you have locally registered the vCloud Availability Replicator instance to the vCloud Availability Replication Manager instance.
Verify that the vCloud Availability Tunnel instance is configured with a vCenter Server Lookup service address. For more information, see Configure a vCloud Availability Tunnel Instance
- In a Web browser, go to the vCloud Availability vApp Replication Manager by using the service management interface at https://Appliance-IP-Address/ui/admin.
- In the left pane, click Configuration and next to Tunnel address click Edit.
The Tunneling settings window opens.
- Edit the vCloud Availability Tunnel settings and click Apply.
Enable tunneling for vCloud Availability services communication
Select to enable vCloud Availability Tunnel.
Enter the local vCloud Availability Tunnel service API endpoint. By default, this address is with port 8047. For example, https://Tunnel-Appliance-IP-address:8047.
The vCloud Availability Tunnel appliance root user.
The password for the vCloud Availability Tunnel appliance root user.
- Accept the vCloud Availability Tunnel SSL certificate.
- If you are using vCloud Availability 3.0 to apply the tunnel configuration restart vCloud Availability Tunnel, see Restart the vCloud Availability Services.
- Verify that the vCloud Availability Tunnel connectivity is operational.
- In the left pane, click System Monitoring.
- Under Service status, verify that Tunnel connectivity shows a green status.
What to do next
If you paired sites before enabling vCloud Availability Tunnel, you must re-pair all sites, see Re-Pair Cloud Sites.