You configure vCloud Availability Tunnel with a vCenter Server Lookup service to allow for remote sites communication with the public port of the tunnel.
- In a Web browser, go to the vCloud Availability Tunnel by using one of the service management interfaces depending on your deployment type.
Cloud Tunnel Appliance
- Change the initial root user password.
- Enter the initial root user password set during the OVA deployment.
- Enter and confirm a new password.
Create a secured password with a minimum of eight characters and containing at least one of each of the following characters:
Lowercase: a b c
Uppercase: A B C
Numeric: 1 2 3
Special: & # %
- Click Apply.
The Getting Started tab opens.
- In the left pane, click Configuration and next to Lookup service address click Edit.
The Lookup Service Details window opens.
- Enter a valid vCenter Server Lookup service address as https://Lookup-Service-IP-address:443/lookupservice/sdk and click Apply.
- Accept the SSL certificate of the vCenter Server Lookup service.
- Verify that the vCenter Server Lookup service connectivity is operational.
- In the left pane, click System Monitoring.
- Under Service status, verify that Lookup Service connectivity shows a green status.
What to do next
You can now enable the tunneling service communication with VMware vCloud Availability services.