You configure vCloud Availability Replicator with a vCenter Server Lookup service.
- In a Web browser, go to the vCloud Availability Replicator service management interface depending on the deployment type.
Deployment type Service Management Interface Combined Appliance https://Appliance-IP-Address:8440/ui/admin Cloud Replicator Appliance https://Replicator-Appliance-IP-Address/ui/admin
- Change the initial root user password.
- Enter the initial root user password set during the OVA deployment.
- Enter and confirm a new password.
Create a secured password with a minimum of eight characters and containing at least one of each of the following characters:
- Lowercase: a b c
- Uppercase: A B C
- Numeric: 1 2 3
- Special: & # %
- Click Apply.
The Getting Started tab opens.
- In the left pane, click Configuration and next to Lookup service address click Edit.
The Lookup Service Details window opens.
- Enter a valid vCenter Server Lookup service address as https://Lookup-Service-IP-address:443/lookupservice/sdk and click Apply.
- Accept the SSL certificate of the vCenter Server Lookup service.
- Verify that the vCenter Server Lookup service connectivity is operational.
- In the left pane, click System Monitoring.
- Under Service status, verify that Lookup Service connectivity shows a green status.
What to do next
You can now register vCloud Availability Replicator with vCloud Availability Replication Manager.