As a service provider or as a tenant, transfer the existing replications from vCloud Availability for vCloud Director version 2.0 to vCloud Availability version 3.0.x by using a failover task.
You can perform the migration of a protected virtual machine as a tenant or as a service provider. First log in to the tenant vCloud Availability Portal 2.0 in the cloud site, locate the protected virtual machine, and perform a failover for that virtual machine. After the failover, log in to the new on-premises appliance and migrate the virtual machine replication.
- Verify that the vCloud Availability for vCloud Director 2.0 holds an organization with at least one virtual machine replication protected from the tenant side.
- Verify that the vCloud Availability for vCloud Director 2.0 and vCloud Availability 3.0 are deployed in the same environment configured with vCloud Director and vCenter Server. The on-premises vCloud Availability appliance and the vSphere Replication appliance are deployed on a vCenter Server 6.5 or 6.7 instance.
- Log in to the vCloud Availability Portal 2.0 by using Organization Administrator credentials.
- Under Workspaces, click the Workloads tab and locate the virtual machine that you want to migrate.
The virtual machine is protected on the tenant side.
- Call the Actions pane by clicking the virtual machine.
- Select the task by clicking Failover.
- Select to power off the failed over virtual machine.
The vApp that results in the cloud site is powered off and you can use it for seeding.
- In the Actions pane, run the failover task by clicking Start.
In the Actions pane, you can monitor the progress of the task.On the Workloads tab, the virtual machine shows a Failed over status.
- (Optional) Log in to your organization in the vCloud Director (cloud) environment to verify that the virtual machine is failed over.
- Log in to the vSphere Client at the on-premises data center as an administrator.
- Select VMs and Templates and locate the source virtual machine that you failed over to the cloud.
- To configure the virtual machine for a replication in vCloud Availability 3.0, right-click the virtual machine and select .
- Enter your cloud Organization Administrator credentials.
This organization is the existing cloud organization to which the virtual machine replication belongs.
- In the New Outgoing Replication wizard, configure the virtual machine for replication.
- On the vCenter VMs page, verify that the source virtual machine you right-clicked is selected and click Next.
- On the Target VDC page, select the virtual data center to use as a destination for the replication.
- From the list with existing virtual machines in the destination virtual data center, select the virtual machine failed over to the cloud to use as a seed, and click Next.
- Set the recovery point objective (RPO) and click Next.
- On the Scheduling page, select to allow the virtual machine to be configured for replication immediately, and click Next.
- Close the wizard by clicking Finish.
To monitor the migration progress, navigate to.
In the on-premises vSphere Client, to view the newly replicated source virtual machine navigate to .
In the cloud site with the new vCloud Availability 3.0 appliance, to view the newly replicated source virtual machine navigate to .