To upgrade successfully vCloud Availability, in all sites you upgrade each vCloud Availability appliance according to a specific order.
- Upgrade all vCloud Availability appliances in the local cloud site.
- Upgrade all vCloud Availability appliances in remote cloud sites.
- Upgrade all vCloud Availability On-Premises Appliance nodes.
- Verify that before starting the upgrade, current snapshots of all the appliances exist in the site.
- Verify that the sites are prepared for replication interruptions and Recovery Point Objective (RPO) violations.
- Upgrade the vCloud Availability Cloud Replication Management Appliance.
- Upgrade all vCloud Availability Cloud Replicator Appliance nodes.
- Upgrade the vCloud Availability Cloud Tunnel Appliance.
What to do next
After upgrading the local cloud site, the remote cloud sites, and upgrading the vCloud Availability On-Premises Appliance nodes, you can start using the new vCloud Availability version.