The VMware vCloud Availability solution provides replication and failover capabilities for VMware vCloud Director and vCenter Server workloads at both the virtual machine and at the vApp level.
vCloud Availability is available through the VMware Cloud Provider Program. The solution provides multi-tenant workload recovery to cloud sites and to on-premises environments. vCloud Availability provides:
- A single-cloud site supports multiple-tenants.
- Replication management and monitoring from an on-premises site to a cloud site and reverse.
- Replication and recovery of vApps and virtual machines between vCloud Director sites.
- Failback of recovered in the cloud workloads to the on-premises site.
- Migration of protected virtual machines in the cloud site back to the on-premises site.
- Self-service protection and failover workflows per virtual machine.
- Single installation package as a Photon-based virtual appliance.
- Each deployment can serve as both a source and a recovery site. There are no dedicated source and destination sites.
- Symmetrical replication flow that can be started from either the source or the recovery site.
- A single-site vCloud Availability can migrate virtual machines and vApps between Virtual Data Centers belonging to a single vCloud Director organization.
- Built-in secure tunneling that requires no incoming allowed ports in the firewall in the on-premises site.
- Built-in end-to-end TLS encryption of the replication traffic that is terminated at each vCloud Availability Cloud Replicator Appliance.
- Optional compression of the replication traffic.
- vCloud Availability vSphere Client Plug-In integration with the existing vSphere environment.
- Support for multiple vCenter Server and ESXi versions.
- A single installation package, distributed as a Photon-based virtual appliance to deploy all vCloud Availability components.