You can configure the on-premises vCloud Availability appliance to download the upgrade package from an ISO image file that is mounted to the CD-ROM drive of the appliance.
- Download the vCloud Availability 3.0.x Upgrade Disk Image VMware-vCloud-Availability-release_number-xxx-build_number.iso file from the My VMware download site.
- Copy the ISO image file to a datastore that is accessible from the vCenter Server instance that you use with vCloud Availability.
- Mount the ISO file to the on-premises vCloud Availability appliance.
- Log in to the vSphere Client.
- In the Home page, click Hosts and Clusters.
- Right-click the virtual machine that hosts the vCloud Availability appliance and select Edit Settings.
- On the Virtual Hardware tab, select .
- Follow the prompts to add the CD/DVD drive to the vCloud Availability virtual machine and select the Connected option.
- In a Web browser, navigate to https://On-Prem-Appliance-IP-address/ui/admin.
- Install updates.
The appliance restarts automatically.
- On the Configuration tab, click Edit against the Update repository entry .
- Select the Use CDROM Updates option and click Apply.
- Click Check for update against the Product version entry.
- Click Update and wait for the update to install.
- Unmount the ISO image.
- In the vSphere Client, shut down the virtual machine that hosts the vCloud Availability appliance.
- Right-click the virtual machine and select Edit Settings.
- In the Virtual Hardware tab, select CD/DVD Drive and deselect Connected and Connect At Power On.
- Power on the virtual machine.