To control the replication settings allowed for replications on a VMware vCloud Director organization level, you create a replication policy.
- Log in to the vCloud Availability Portal by using System administrator credentials.
- In the left pane, click Policies.
- On the Policies page, click New.
- In the New Policy window, configure the replication attributes, and click Create.
- Enter a unique, case-sensitive name for the replication policy.
- Select whether to allow incoming and outgoing replications.
- Enter the maximum number of virtual machines replications.
- Enter the maximum number of retained instances per replication.
- Set minimum allowed RPO by using the Recovery Point Objective (RPO) slider or by clicking the time ranges.
You created the replication policy and it shows on the Policies page.
What to do next
You can assign the new policy to a VMware vCloud Director organization. For more information, see Assign a Replication Policy to Organizations.