You can edit an existing replication policy to change the replication settings of VMware vCloud Director organizations.
- Log in to the vCloud Availability Portal by using System administrator credentials.
- In the left pane, click Policies.
- On the Policies page, select a replication policy and click Edit.
- In the Edit Policy window, edit the replication policy settings and click Apply.
- Enter a unique, case-sensitive name for the replication policy.
- Select whether to allow incoming and outgoing replications.
- Enter the maximum number of virtual machines replications.
- Enter the maximum number of retained instances per replication.
- Set minimum allowed RPO by using the Recovery Point Objective (RPO) slider or by clicking the time ranges.
You reconfigured the replication policy and all new replications belonging to organizations to which the policy is assigned must comply with the new replication policy settings.
If there are conflicts between the edited replication policy and the existing replications, you must resolve the conflicts. For more information, see Replication Policy Conflicts.