Replication policies are sets of rules that define and control the replication attributes on a vCloud Director organization level.
Replication Attributes Enforced by Replication Policies
You can assign a single replication policy to multiple vCloud Director organizations to control the following attributes of a replication:
- Whether an organization can be used as a replication source.
- Whether an organization can be used as a replication destination.
- The minimum Recovery Point Objective (RPO) for an organization.
- The maximum number of retained snapshots per single virtual machine replication for an organization.
- The maximum number of virtual machine replications that can be created for an organization.
Default Replication Policy
The default replication policy applies to organizations that you did not associate with a custom replication policy. You might use only the default replication policy and to enable replication, edit the default replication policy attributes.
|Outgoing replications||Not allowed|
|Incoming replications||Not allowed|
|Maximum number of virtual machine replications||0|
|Maximum retained instances per replication||24|
|Minimum allowed RPO||15 min|
New Replication Validation
- Whether the source organization allows outgoing replications.
- Whether the destination organization allows incoming replications.
- Whether on the destination organization you are not exceeding the total number of allowed virtual machine replications, that includes both incoming from on-premises and cloud replications.
- Whether the number of retained instances per replication of the new replication complies with the policy that is assigned to the destination organization.
- Whether the RPO of the new replication is higher than or equal to the minimum RPO of the policy that is assigned to the destination organization.
If any of the replication attributes is violated, you cannot create the replication.