As an organization owner, you can share your purchased vRealize Cloud Universal subscriptions with other organizations.
The organization in which the subscriptions are purchased is considered the primary organization while the organization with which the subscriptions are shared is considered the secondary organization. All onboarded subscriptions in the primary organization are shared with the secondary organization. The secondary organization cannot onboard any new subscriptions while sharing subscriptions with the primary organization.
Periodically, the total consumption by the primary and secondary organizations is billed in the primary organization, based on your usage. If you are sharing subscriptions and have purchased a new subscription in the primary organization, this subscription is automatically shared with the secondary organization. Information about the subscription consumption of shared subscriptions is found on the Aggregate tab of the Cloud Universal page of the primary organization.
- Only CPU based vRealize Cloud Universal subscriptions can be shared with other organizations. For more information on the different types of subscriptions, go to Getting Started with vRealize Cloud Universal.
- Verify that you are an organization owner and have purchased vRealize Cloud Universal subscriptions.
- Verify that the secondary organization you want to share your subscriptions with does not have any active subscriptions or is sharing subscriptions with another primary organization.
- The secondary organization must have a valid VMware billing account. The billing account can be removed from the secondary organization after the subscriptions are shared.
- The secondary organization must have the vRealize Operations Cloud and vRealize Log Insight Cloud services registered in its selected region.
Note: It is recommended, but not mandatory, for the secondary organization to also have Cloud Assembly and vRealize Network Insight registered in its selected region. The secondary organization not having these two services registered does not stop the sharing process.
- Log in to vRealize Cloud Subscription Manager, and then click Subscriptions.
- Click Share vRealize Cloud Subscriptions.
- Select the secondary organization you want to share your subscriptions with and click Confirm.
You receive a message confirming that subscriptions are successfully shared with the selected organization.
vRealize Cloud Universal on-premises licenses can be connected only to the primary organization. While sharing a subscription with a secondary organization, no new license is generated. Uploading usage data for on-premises licenses must be done in the primary organization.