Last Updated on: 25 July 2022
vRealize Cloud Subscription Manager | 25 July 2022
- What's New in July 2022
- What's New in June 2022
- What's New in May 2022
- What's New in April 2022
- What's New in March 2022
- What's New in February 2022
- What's New in January 2022
- What's New in November 2021
- What's New in August 2021
Purchasing vRealize Network Insight Universal from vRealize Cloud Subscription Manager: You can now purchase vRealize Network Insight Universal from vRealize Cloud Subscription Manager. You can utilize your Subscription Purchase Program (SPP) credits or choose other modes of payment for your purchase.
vRealize Cloud Universal Enterprise Plus Subscriptions: Previously, vRealize Cloud Universal Enterprise Plus subscriptions were available for 1 or 3 years. Now, vRealize Cloud Universal Enterprise Plus subscriptions are available for 2, 4, and 5 years.
vRealize Cloud Universal Onboarding Simplified Process: You can now manage and update vRealize Cloud Universal licenses for your vRealize Suite on-premise product from vRealize Cloud Subscription Manager. You also have an option to either use Cloud Proxy or vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager to collect and monitor consumption data from your on-premise data center.
Default Email Configuration for Existing vRealize Cloud Universal Users: If you are an existing vRealize Cloud Universal user and have not set your email configuration, the system can now include the default email IDs that are attached to a particular organization, for a time period of 14 days. You can add new recipients or modify the existing email IDs under the Email Configurations tab, as required.
vRealize Cloud Connect Support: vRealize Cloud Connect is introduced to migrate your vRealize Network Insight on-premises software to vRealize Network Insight Cloud. For more information, see About vRealize Cloud Connect.
Customer Support: The support panel is now available to you 24X7. You can access the contextual help by clicking the Help icon (?) in vRealize Cloud Subscription Manager, and then selecting one of the following options.
- Search Query
- Popular Topic Support
- Chat with VMware Support
- Raise Support Requests
Overage Support: You can view a graphical representation of the actual overage details for your vRealize Suite on-premise products and Cloud services.
Default Email Configuration for New vRealize Cloud Universal Users: If you are a new vRealize Cloud Universal user and have not set your email configuration, the system will include the default email IDs that are attached to a particular organization, for a time period of 14 days. You can add new recipients or modify the existing email IDs under the Email Configurations tab, as required.
vRealize Network Insight Universal Support: Previously, you could purchase new subscriptions for vRealize Cloud Universal or standalone vRealize Cloud services. Now, you can also purchase vRealize Network Insight Cloud subscriptions in vRealize Cloud Subscription Manager.
vRealize Cloud Subscription Manager Shared Subscription Services
- If you are sharing subscriptions and have purchased a new subscription in the primary organization, this subscription is automatically shared with the secondary organization.
- For multi-organizations, you can now connect the same license in your primary organization or secondary organization. You can also upload the on-premise license usage data from your primary organization to your secondary organization.
- The aggregated usage of the primary organization and the secondary organization is billed in the primary organization.
- Configuring Email Notifications: You can now receive critical messages, warning messages, and other important vRealize Cloud Subscription Manager alert notifications when you configure your email notification.
- vRealize Cloud Universal Shared Subscription Services: If you are a primary organization owner and purchase vRealize Cloud Universal subscriptions, you can share your subscriptions with other secondary organizations. The consumption of the primary and secondary organizations is billed in the primary organization, based on your consolidated subscription usage.
- VMware vRealize Cloud Universal Support for AWS: Previously, you could purchase vRealize Cloud Universal services only from the VMware seller. Now, vRealize Cloud Subscription Manager allows you to purchase vRealize Cloud Universal services from VMware or Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- On-demand Paid Services: vRealize Cloud Subscription Manager now offers paid on-demand experience, where you can pay based on your subscription usage. This service is available for vRealize Automation and vRealize Operations Manager.You can opt for prepaid services through commit subscription or use your preferred subscription, and then pay based on your subscription usage through on-demand paid services. The on-demand paid service is available for VMware and Amazon Web Services users.