If you have an existing vRealize product deployed in the on-premises environment, the vRealize Cloud Universal license key replaces the older license keys. A downtime of approximately thirty minutes is expected when removing existing perpetual licenses and replacing them with vRealize Cloud Universal licenses.
Once your perpetual licenses are removed from the target environment, you can add new vRealize Cloud subscription licenses.
- If you purchase vRealize Cloud Universal through the subscription upgrade program, your vRealize Suite or standalone vRealize product perpetual license keys would be removed as part of the vRealize Cloud Universal transaction and should no longer be used.
- You can replace perpetual keys of vRealize Operations Manager, vRealize Log Insight, and vRealize Automation version 8.0 or later.
- You must remove the older perpetual license by logging into the respective vRealize product, and then applying the vRealize Cloud subscription license.
- From the Lifecycle Operations dashboard, click Locker, and then click License.
- Select from the list of vRealize Cloud subscription licenses that are displayed on the License page, and then right-click the vertical ellipses.
- Click Replace, and then click Next.
- Under References, select the target environments to add licenses.
- Under Select License, select the appropriate vRealize Cloud Universal license, and then click Finish.
Verify that the licenses are applied correctly by navigating to the product instance.
- Navigate to vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager, and then perform an inventory sync.
- After a successful inventory sync, click Locker, and then click License.
- Select the existing perpetual license to be removed from Locker, and then right-click the vertical ellipses.
- Click Delete.