You can create a data set to restrict the kind of log data available to different users. A data set contains filters that restrict log results. When you create a role, you can associate it with a data set. The filters in the data set are applied to log messages in vRealize Log Insight Cloud and the resulting log content is displayed to users assigned to the role.
Verify that you are logged in to the vRealize Log Insight Cloud web user interface as an organization owner.
- Expand the main menu and navigate to .
- On the Data Sets tab, click Add New.
- Enter a name and description for the data set.
- To use the data set as a mandatory condition when assigned to a role with other data sets, select Restricts other data sets.
For example, you assign two roles to a user and each role has a data set attached. If you select this check box for both the data sets, the user receives logs that match both the data sets. If you do not select this check box for any of the data sets, the user receives logs that match any of the data sets.
- To prevent users assigned to the data set from using the auto complete feature in the Explore Logs page, select Restricts auto complete in Explore Logs.
- In the Query section, filter log messages to include the logs that contain the text you enter and click the magnifying glass icon . At least one filter is required.
To add more filters, click Add Filter.
- Click Save.