You can deploy additional Cloud Proxies for your installation.
Log in to vRealize Log Insight Cloud by entering the URL https://www.mgmt.cloud.vmware.com/li/ and entering your login credentials.
- Click the two arrows icon in the upper-left corner of the screen to expand the main menu.
- Navigate to .
- Click New.
- To deploy the Cloud Proxy, click Download OVA.
- Navigate to your VMware vSphere Web Client data center and click the name of your vCenter cluster. In the drop-down menu, select Deploy OVF Template.
- In the Deploy OVF Template form, perform the following actions.
- Click Select template, then Local File. Paste in the path to the OVA Cloud Proxy file you downloaded. Click Next.
- Click Select name and location, then enter the name of your OVA file. Select the cluster where you want to install the Cloud Proxy, and click Next.
- Click Select a resource and the cluster where you want to run the Cloud Proxy, and then click Next.
- Review the details of your Cloud Proxy deployment. Notice the Size on disk text box. The location where you deploy the Cloud Proxy in the following steps must have enough space available. Click Next.
- Accept the License Agreement. Click Next.
- Click Select storage and select a datastore from the list with enough free space for the OVA file. Click Next.
- Click Select networks and select a destination network, and then click Next.
- Click Customize template and enter the required information. Do not click Next.
- For Root User Password, choose a unique password. It does not need to match the vCenter password.
- Return to vRealize Log Insight Cloud and collect the token key provided on the Setup a Cloud Proxy Virtual Appliance form. Click Copy to copy the key. Be sure to use the Copy control to ensure that you are copying the entire key.
Token keys are good for 24 hours and should be used for only one Cloud Proxy.
- Click Networking Properties. If you use DHCP in your vCenter network, do not enter any information. If you do not use DHCP, then you must provide information for each setting. Click Next.
- Click Ready to complete and review your configuration data. Click Finish.
The Cloud Proxy is installed.
- Go to the vSphere Web Client and click the green arrow at the top of your page to run the Cloud Proxy.
- To verify that your Cloud Proxy is running, look under the VMs tab at the list of your virtual machines to ensure it is Powered On.
- Return to the vRealize Log Insight Cloud Install Cloud Proxy form. Wait for a success message saying a connection has been made. (This might take several minutes.)
What to do next
Consult Port Requirements of Remote Cloud Proxy and then enable log and event forwarding to the Cloud Proxy.