Use live tail to view logs as they come into vRealize Log Insight Cloud.
- Expand the main menu and click Live Tail.
Tip: To use live tail from the Explore Logs page, enter a query and then click Live Tail to stream logs corresponding to your query.
- Type a query, press Enter, and click the Search button. You can use multiple keywords and filters. You can also:
For more information about log search, see Search for and Filter Logs.Note: Because live tail does not support extracted fields:
- Use a saved query by clicking Open Saved Query.
- Use a favorite query by clicking the star icon next to the search text box.
- You cannot enter a query with extracted fields.
- When you select a saved or favorite query, the queries with extracted fields are hidden.
- Click Start Live Tail to start streaming logs corresponding to your search query in real time.
Note: You can skip this step if you are using a saved or favorite query, because the logs start streaming automatically.
- Do either of the following:
- Click the Pause button to pause the streaming of logs.
- Click the Play button to resume the streaming of logs.
- Click Stop Live Tail to stop streaming the logs and to clear the log stream.
- (Optional) To update the live tail session and stream logs based on a different criteria, do either of the following:
- Enter a query and click the Search button.
- Enter a query, click Stop Live Tail, and then click Start Live Tail.
- Select a saved or favorite query.