Create a configuration to copy logs from a non-indexed partition to a common recall partition for 30 days. When you recall logs, you are billed for the log volume, but not for querying the logs.
Verify that you have a premium subscription for vRealize Log Insight Cloud. For information about subscriptions, see vRealize Log Insight Cloud Subscriptions and Billing.
- Verify that you have at least one non-indexed log partition in the system.
- Click the two arrows icon in the upper-left corner of the screen to expand the main menu.
- Navigate to .
- In the upper-right corner, click Recall Logs.
- Provide the following information:
Option Description Name Enter a unique display name for the recall configuration. Description Enter a description for the recall configuration. Select Partition Select the non-indexed partition for which you want to recall logs. Time Range and Filters for Recalling
- Select a time range to recall logs within the range.
- Select the option to recall all the logs in the partition or add filters to recall specific logs.
Notify Optionally, you can notify certain users when the recall process for your configuration is finished.
- Click Recall.
The recall process takes some time to finish, depending on the volume of logs being recalled. You can view the recall status of your configuration when you expand the Recalled Logs section in the Log Partitions page and click the name of the common recall partition.