You must create and apply an API key to your log source when you send logs or messages through an HTTP POST operation.
- Click the two arrows icon in the upper-left corner of the screen to expand the main menu.
- Navigate to .
- Click New API Key to display the New API Key window.
- Enter a name for the key.
Note: Names cannot contain spaces and must be unique.
- Click Create to create a key and open the Generate API Key window.
The Generate API Key window displays the key name you specified and the generated key value.
- Optionally, click Copy Key to save the key value for easy reuse.
- Click Close.
The new key is listed on the API Keys page.
What to do next
Use the key to establish a secure connection to your data source. For an example, see Specifying an API Key for a Log Source.