When you no longer need it, you can delete an extracted field from vRealize Log Insight Cloud after ensuring it is not used in any queries.
You must have administrator permissions to delete an extracted field.
- Click the two arrows icon in the upper-left corner of the screen to expand the main menu.
- Go to the Explore Logs page.
- Click the gear icon in the upper-right corner of the Fields section to open the Fields page.
- Locate the field that you want to delete.
- Click the three dots icon on the fields card and click Delete.
If the field is being used in a query, you are informed of this. Fields cannot be deleted while they are being used.
- Click Delete in the confirmation pop-up to finish the deletion.