You can configure a webhook to send alert notifications to a remote web server. Webhooks provide notifications over HTTP POST/PUT.
- Click the two arrows icon in the upper-left corner of the screen to expand the main menu.
- Navigate to .
- Click New Webhook.
- Enter a name for the webhook configuration in the text box.
- Provide the following information:
Option Description Notification Type Select whether the webhook configuration is for an alert notification or a system alert notification. Endpoint Select the endpoint to which you want to send the notification, for example, PagerDuty, Slack, or Datadog. Based on the selected endpoint type:
- The user interface provides additional input options. For example, a PagerDuty endpoint requires you to enter an integration key for webhook requests.
- The user interface populates the webhook payload with a predefined template, which you can customize according to your requirement. If you select Custom as the endpoint type, you can select the Use vRealize Log Insight Template check box for the webhook payload, to use the default template.
Destination URL Enter the URL for the remote web server where you want to post the webhook notification. Advanced Settings
The default value for Action (HTTP request method) is POST and Content Type is JSON. You can customize these options and add additional headers to the request under Custom headers.
If the configured remote web server requires authorization to POST/PUT the webhook notification, enter the user name and password to authenticate with the server in the Authorization User and Authorization Password text boxes.
Webhook Payload This area is auto-populated based on your selection in the Endpoint drop-down menu. You can customize the payload, which is the template of the body sent as a part of the POST/PUT webhook notification request. The body can be in XML or JSON format. For a custom endpoint, you can select the Use vRealize Log Insight Template check box. Parameters You can use the list of parameters to construct the webhook payload. The parameters are replaced with the actual values while sending the webhook notification.
- Click Save.
- To verify the connection, click Send Test.