You can modify the definitions of extracted fields.
When you modify a field, all charts, queries, and alerts that use the field you have modified are updated to use the new definition.
vRealize Log Insight Cloud user accounts can modify only the extracted fields that they have created. vRealize Log Insight Cloud administrator accounts can modify their own content and shared content.
- Click the two arrows icon in the upper-left corner of the screen to expand the main menu.
- Go to the Explore Logs page.
- Click the gear icon in the upper-right corner of the Fields section to open the Fields page.
- Locate the field that you want to modify.
- Click the three dots icon on the fields card and click Edit on the drop-down menu.
- Modify the values as needed.
- Click Save.