The Cloud Native Collector is a Docker container that can be installed on any cloud VM. It provides log aggregation and configuration management, and can be configured to forward logs to vRealize Log Insight Cloud. You can install a Cloud Native Collector on an AWS EC2 instance, an Azure VM, or a Google Cloud Platform (GCP) VM instance.
Before installing a Cloud Native Collector, ensure that the following requirements are met.
- Verify that the VM host is supported by Docker.
- Verify that a resolvable host name is assigned for the VM instance in which the Cloud Native Collector is deployed.
- Verify that outgoing HTTPS traffic is allowed for the Cloud Native Collector.
- Verify that you have an API key unique to each Cloud Native Collector.
- When you connect to VMware Cloud Services from a data collector, ensure that the computer that the data collector is on has HTTPS port 443 open to outgoing traffic with access through the firewall to:
- Log in to vRealize Log Insight Cloud by specifying the URL https://www.mgmt.cloud.vmware.com/li/ and entering your login credentials.
For instructions to deploy a Cloud Native Collector, navigate to the Log Sources page and under Agents, click Cloud Native Collector.
To view the installed Cloud Native Collectors, navigate to and open the Cloud Native Collectors tab.
The Cloud Native Collector supports the following features.
- Syslog and REST data ingestion
- Log aggregation
- Log Insight Agent lifecycle management
- System alerts
Note: Cloud Native Collector is not supported on Kubernetes.