vRealize Log Insight Cloud provides KB articles as solutions for problems in logs. The suggested solutions use the documentation created by various internal and external experts when they solved similar problems in the past.
- The KB Insights page displays insights for six hours, up to the time you open the page. To refresh the insights for the latest six hours, click the refresh icon in the upper-right corner of the page.
- To modify the interval for which the insights are displayed, click the time range in the upper-right corner of the page.
- To search for insights, enter keywords in the search text box.
- You can compare the queries for multiple insights. Select up to four insights and then select .
- To view the query for an insight in the Explore Logs page, click the three dots icon against the insight and then select Run Query. The query is filtered by the event type corresponding to the insight.
- To define an alert based on the query corresponding to an insight, click the three dots icon against the insight and then select Save as Alert. The alert details are pre-populated. You can modify the details and save the alert. For more information, see Define an Alert.
- To save the query corresponding to an insight, click the three dots icon against the insight and then select Save as Query.
The query is saved with the insight name and opens in the Explore Logs page.
- You can sort the insights alphabetically, insights with the most solutions first, and so on.
- You can filter insights by severity.
- To view detailed information about an insight, click the insight. In addition to the summary, description, severity, and event occurrences of the insight, you can view a chart that shows the trend followed by the insight within the interval selected in the KB Insights page. One or more KB articles are suggested as solutions for the insight. These articles are most likely to contain issues similar to yours, which occurred in the past. These issues were solved by experts and the steps are documented in the KB articles. Under the suggested solutions, the log messages corresponding to the insight are displayed.
- To view the latest insights within the interval highlighted in the upper-right corner above the chart, click the refresh icon next to the interval.
- To modify the time period for which the insight information is displayed, click the interval in the upper-right corner above the chart.
- You can change the graph type and resize or collapse the chart for the insight.
- To explore a solution for the insight, click the link to a KB article and follow the instructions in the article. Click the like button if the article solves your problem, and the dislike button if it does not. This feedback will ensure more accurate solutions for future insights.
- To view the query for the insight in the Explore Logs page with detailed information about the log messages, click Explore Logs in the upper-right corner of the page. The query is filtered by the event type corresponding to the insight.