You can pin queries and view them in the pinboard. Pinning helps you temporarily recall queries that have been executed and also lets you compare two or more queries
Note: The pinboard holds queries per session and is cleared when the page refreshes or you log out. However, you can navigate to different pages in vRealize Log Insight Cloud without losing the queries in the pinboard.
- To pin a query to the pinboard, after fetching your query search results in the Explore Logs page, click the pin icon in the upper-right corner of the page. You can pin multiple queries in a session.
- To view the pinboard, click Pinboard in the right side of the window. You can view the pinboard from any page in vRealize Log Insight Cloud. For each pinned query, you can see the time stamp at which it was created and a time series view of the query.
- To remove a pinned query from the pinboard, open the pinboard and click the Close icon in the upper-right corner of the query.
- If you navigate to different pages from the Explore Logs page or if you are viewing a query other than your pinned query in the Explore Logs page, you can recall the pinned query to view or modify it. To recall a pinned query, open the pinboard and click the time stamp of the query.
- To compare the queries in the pinboard, open the pinboard and click Compare Logs to open the Compare Logs page.
Note: Removing a query from the Compare Logs page does not remove the query from the pinboard.