You can view the details of an alert and modify an alert definition. You can also add tags to one or more alerts, disable or enable alerts, remove an alert, and add alerts to a dashboard.
Verify that you are logged in to the vRealize Log Insight Cloud web user interface as an administrator.
- Click the two arrows icon in the upper-left corner of the screen to expand the main menu.
- Navigate to .
- Locate one or more alerts that you want to view or modify. You can search for alerts by entering keywords in the search text box or by using the sort or filter functionalities. You can filter alerts by severity, type, origin, and tags.
Do either of the following:
- View an alert by clicking the alert name. You can examine alert details such as the query on which the alert is based, the alert definition, the alert instances, and whether the alert is enabled or disabled.
- Modify an alert definition. Click the alert name and click the pencil icon in the upper-right corner. Edit the required details and click Save.
- Enable or disable one or more alerts.
Note: Each alert listed in the Alerts Definitions page displays information about whether it is enabled or disabled. The toggle button against the alert name is green when the alert is enabled and grey when the alert is disabled.
To enable an alert, click the toggle button, or click the three dots icon against the alert name and click Enable. To enable multiple alerts, select the check boxes against the alert names and click .To disable an alert indefinitely, click the toggle button. To disable an alert for a specific period, click the three dots icon against the alert name and click Disable. To disable multiple alerts, select the check boxes against the alert names and click . Select the period for which you want to disable one or more alerts.
- To disable one or more alerts for the next 30 minutes, one hour, and so on, select the relevant option.
- To disable one or more alerts indefinitely, select Forever.
- To disable one or more alerts for a custom period, such as a maintenance window, select Custom Range and define the period. The alerts are disabled during the period and enabled before and after the period.
- Add tags to one or more alerts. You can select existing tags or create new tags. Tags help you group alerts according to your requirement.
To add tags to an alert, click Add tags or the plus icon under the alert name.
To add tags to multiple alerts, select the check boxes against the alert names and click.Note: To view all the alert tags and manage them, in the Alert Definitions page, click the three dots icon in the upper-right corner and click Manage Tags. You can create new tags and delete existing tags.
- Add one or more alerts to a dashboard. Select the check boxes against the alert names and click .
- Remove the alert. Click the three dots icon against the alert name and click Delete.