You can import the vRealize Network Insight Cloud collector OVA using vSphere Windows native client.
- Click .
- Enter the URL to download and install the OVA package from the internet or browse to select the source location of the OVA package on your computer.
- Verify the OVF template details. Click Next.
- Read the End-User License Agreement and click Accept. Click Next.
- Provide a name and specify the location for the deployed template. Click Next.
- Select a Deployment Configuration. Click Next.
- Select a Host/Cluster where you want to run the deployed template. Click Next.
- Select the Resource Pool in which you want to deploy this template. Click Next.
- Select a destination storage for the VM files. Click Next.
- Specify the format in which you want to store the virtual disks. the Select Thin Provision as the virtual disk format. Click Next.
- Specify the network that the deployed template should use. Map the network from OVA to your inventory.
- Customize the template for the deployment. Provide the shared secret that was generated on the onboarding page. You will have to manually configure the appliance using the VM console. Click Next.
- Verify all the configuration data. Check Power on after deployment. Click Finish.
- Once the Collector OVA is installed, start the VM and launch the console.
- Log in with the given console credentials. Run the
- Create the password for the
supportlogin. Change the password for the
- Enter the following details to configure the network:
- IPv4 Address: Second reserved static IP address
- Netmask: Subnet mask for the above static IP
- Default Gateway: Default gateway of your network
- DNS : DNS server of your environment
Note: For multiple DNS servers, ensure that they are separated by space.
- Domain Search List : The domain that needs to be appended for
yto save the configuration.
- Enter the NTP Sever and ensure that it can reached from the VM. The services will fail to start if NTP time is out of sync.
Note: For multiple NTP servers, ensure that they are separated by commas.
- (Optional) To configure web proxy:
- Provide the web proxy details.
- A check is made to see if the shared secret key has been configured. The collector is paired with the corresponding platform. This may take few minutes.
- All the services are verified.
- Click Finish, once Proxy Detected! message is displayed on the onboarding page. It will redirect to the Login Page.