You can add Cisco ACI as a data source. This feature is available only for the enterprise license users.
- To connect to the APIC controller REST API over HTTPS, you must have access to all the tenants and have the read-only privilege.
- For SNMP, you must have the read-only permission.
- Ensure you have a local user role with the following privilege:
- Security Domain: all
- Role: admin
- Access: read
- In the Accounts and Data Source page under Settings, click Add Source.
- Under Others, click Cisco ACI.
- In the Add a new Cisco ACI Account or Source page, provide the required information:
Option Action Collector VM Select a collector VM from the drop-down menu. IP Address/FQDN Enter the IP address or the FQDN details. Username Enter the user name.Note: If the user is a domain user, then you must add apic: before the user name. For example: if the user name is user1 and if the user belongs to the domain domain1 then specify the user name as apic:domain1\\user1. The domain name is case-sensitive. Password Enter the password.
- Select the Collector VM.
- Provide the IP address of any of the APIC controllers in the cluster.
Note: You do not have to add the individual switches in the ACI fabric.
- Provide the user credentials.
- vRealize Network Insight collects the metric data over SNMP from the individual switches. To enable this task, select Use SNMP.
- Click Validate.
- Enter Nickname and Notes (if any) for the data source and click Submit