You can add ServiceNow as a data source into vRealize Network Insight and fetch your application and tier details. ServiceNow Configuration Management Database (CMDB) provides you the full visibility of software and hardware infrastructure and relation between them in your datacenter, which helps you to manage your inventory. With ServiceNow integration, vRealize Network Insight can discover applications available in ServiceNow CMDB to enable you to directly add them into vRealize Network Insight.
You must have the administrator privilege to add a data source.
- On the Settings page, click Accounts and Data Sources.
- Click Add Source.
- Under CMDB, select ServiceNow.
- On the Add Data Source page, provide the following details:
Field Name Description Collector (Proxy) VM The host URL of ServiceNow IP Address/FQDN Enter the IP Address or the FQDN details. Username Enter the user name you want to use for this data source.Note: The user you plan to add must be an Administrator or Read-Only Administrator in ServiceNow. Password Enter the password.
- Click Validate.
You see the Validation Successful message.
- To add a customized CMDB configuration,
- Select Customize CMDB configuration.
- Click download to download the default configuration file.
- Update the file properties. See, Customizing the CMDB Configuration.
- On the Add Datasource page, browse to select the updated JSON file.
- Enter the nick name for the data source and add any notes for description.
- Click Submit.
What to do next
After you add a ServiceNow datasource, vRealize Network Insight discovers the applications available in the ServiceNow CMDB, which you add into vRealize Network Insight. For more information, see Add Discovered Applications.