With Advanced Path Search, you can add more filters in your path search.
- On the vRealize Network Insight Cloud home page, click Network Map.
- In the Network Map page, click Paths.
- In the Source and Destination text boxes, enter an entity query or IP address that you want to search. In general, you can use any query in the Source and Destination text boxes. For sample queries, see Entity Search Queries.
Searches can match multiple entities, so that you can search for paths between a set of sources and a set of destinations.
- (Optional) To find paths that traverse certain intermediate entities, click Add Hop.
You can add multiple hops.
- To add more option in your path search, click the Advanced Options check box and provide the required information.
Option Action Packet Headers Select one of the following:
- At Source: To match packet header fields at the beginning or end of the path.
- At Destination: To match packet header fields at the end of the path. This is different than matching at the beginning of the path, because packets can be transformed en route. For example, IP addresses can be modified by network address translation devices.
- Any: To match any available ports/ protocols.
Path Type Select one of the following:
- Primary: To see the primary paths.
- Backup: To see the backup paths.
- ALL: To see all available types of paths.
Path Direction Select one of the following:
- Forward: To see paths only in the forward direction.
- Bidirectional: To see the full round-trip path from source to destination and back.
Path Status Select one of the following:
- All: To see both reachable and blocked paths.
- Reachable: To see paths for which packets reach the destination.
- Blocked: To see paths for which packets are blocked before reaching the destination. For example, because they are dropped by a firewall, dropped at a routing black hole, or are caught in a loop.
- Click SHOW PATHS.