If the router or switch that you want to add is not supported in vRealize Network Insight Cloud, you can add that unsupported router or switch as a Generic Routers or Switches by uploading a device configuration file.
A device configuration file contains information about entities, such as Router Interfaces, Routes, Switch Ports, VRFs, Switch Device Information, and so on. vRealize Network Insight Cloud uses the information in the device configuration file to provide insight for the router or switch and show the router or switch in the VM-VM path.
Note: You must upload a new configuration file whenever there is a configuration change. vRealize Network Insight Cloud does not automatically collect data from the generic router or switches.
- On the Settings page, click Accounts and Data Sources.
- Click Add Source.
- Under Routers & Switches, click Generic Routers & Switches .
- On the Add a New Generic Router/Switch page, modify the required information.
Option Action Collector VM Select a Collector VM from the drop-down menu. Device Configuration File Select and upload the configuration file (.zip) created using the SDK.Note: After you upload a device configuration file in vRealize Network Insight Cloud, you cannot modify the information of the uploaded device configuration file. IP Address/FQDN Enter the IP address or the FQDN details.
- Click Validate.
- In the Nickname text box, enter a nickname for the switch or router you want to add.
- (Optional) In the Notes text box, you can add a note if necessary.
- Click Submit.