If the router or switch that you want to add is not supported in vRealize Network Insight, you can add that unsupported router or switch as a Generic Routers or Switches by uploading a device configuration file. vRealize Network Insight uses the information in the device configuration file to provide insight for the router or switch. After you upload a device configuration file in vRealize Network Insight, you cannot modify the information of the uploaded device configuration file.
- On the Settings page, click Accounts and Data Sources.
- Click Add Source.
- Under Routers & Switches, click Generic Routers & Switches .
- On the Add a New Generic Router/Switch page, modify the required information.
Option Action Collector VM Select a Collector VM from the drop-down menu. Device Configuration File Select and upload the configuration file (.zip) created using the SDK. IP Address/FQDN Enter the IP address or the FQDN details.
- Click Validate.
- In the Nickname text box, enter a nickname for the switch or router you want to add.
- (Optional) In the Notes text box, you can add a note if necessary.
- Click Submit.