By adding a primary AWS Account, you can automatically add all the linked AWS Accounts in your organization in the vRealize Network Insight.
- Firewall Configuration for AWS API Access.
- Create a Primary and Linked Account Policy.
- Create a Role in AWS.
- Create a User in AWS Account.
- Get your Amazon Access Key ID that you created in the AWS console. For more details, see http://docs.aws.amazon.com/general/latest/gr/managing-aws-access-keys.html.
- Get the role Amazon Resource Names (ARN) of the linked AWS account. See, Amazon Resource Names (ARNs) and AWS Service Namespaces
- Log in to vRealize Network Insight.
- Go to .
- Under the Public Clouds section, click Amazon Web Services.
- Select the Collector VM.
- Enter your Amazon Access Key ID and corresponding Secret Access Key.
vRealize Network Insight takes 15–20 minutes to collect your AWS account data.
- Click Validate.
If the number of VMs discovered exceeds the capacity of the platform or a collector node, or both, the validation fails. You will not be allowed to add a data source until you increase the brick size of the platform or create a cluster. The specified capacity for each brick size with and without flows is as follows:
Brick Size VMs State of Flows Large 6k Enabled Large 10k Disabled Medium 3k Enabled Medium 6k Disabled
- After validation of your AWS account completes, select the Add Linked Accounts Automatically option.
- In Role ARN, enter the role Amazon Resource Names of the linked AWS account to trust the primary AWS Account.
- Enter Nickname and Notes for the data source.
- Click Submit.
vRealize Network Insight validates Role ARN and adds the account.