vRealize Network Insight allows you to add Infoblox Grid as a DNS data provider.
Infoblox DNS offers an advanced solution to manage and control DNS. It uses Infoblox Grid to ensure that the DNS is highly available throughout the network. The DNS data from Infoblox is used only for enriching the flows where either the source or the destination IP addresses are associated with the physical devices.
The Infoblox DNS data co-exists with the DNS data that is imported by using CSV.
If you configure an Infoblox DNS data source on a collector, you can configure other data sources also on the same collector. You do not need a dedicated collector for Infoblox.
- vRealize Network Insight supports only single-grid mode for Infoblox in the current release.
- Only A Records are supported in the current release. Shared A Records are not supported currently.
- The DNS enrichment is supported only for the IP addresses that are marked as physical in the current release.
- If there are multiple FQDNs for a single physical IP address, all FQDNs are returned.
- On the Settings page, click Accounts and Data Sources.
- Click Add new source.
- Click Infoblox under DNS.
- Provide the following information:
Table 1. Properties Description
Select the collector VM from the drop-down menu.
Enter the IP Address/FQDN of Infoblox Grid.
Enter the user name you want to use for a particular data source.
Enter the password.
- Click Validate.
Note: Ensure that you have the
API Privilegeto access the Infloblox APIs.
- Enter Nickname and Notes (if any) for the data source and click Submit to add the Infoblox DNS data source to the environment.