You can add VMware HCX as a data source in vRealize Network Insight.
For L2 extension, you must always add the VMware HCX for the source data center. For example, if you have a single stretch network, from data center (DC) 1 to DC 2, then you must add VMware HCX of the DC 1 in vRealize Network Insight Cloud to get the flow details. For a L shaped stretch, where your extension is between DC 1 to DC 2 and from DC 2 to DC 3, then you must add VMware HCX of the DC 1 and 2 in vRealize Network Insight Cloud.
- On the Settings page, click Accounts and Data Sources.
- Click Add Source.
- Under VMware Managers, click VMware HCX.
- In the Add a New VMware HCX Account or Source page, provide the required information.
Option Action Collector VM Select a collector VM from the drop-down menu. IP Address/FQDN Enter the IP address or the FQDN details. Username Enter the user name. Password Enter the password.
- Click Validate.
- In the Nickname text box, enter a nickname.
- (Optional) In the Notes text box, you can add a note if necessary.
- Click Submit.