In vRealize Network Insight Cloud, you can add Fortinet FortiManager as a data source.
Verify the following:
- You have at least the Restricted User role with access to all ADOMs and policy packages.
- You have the rpc-permit read-write access enabled from Command Line Interface (CLI).
To configure the rpc permission, use the following command in FortiManager CLI:
config system admin user edit "<administrator name>" set rpc-permit [none | read | read-write ] end
- In the Settings page, click .
- Under the Firewall section, click Fortinet FortiManager.
- On the Add a New Fortinet FortiManager Account or Source page, enter the required information:
Option Action Collector VM Select the collector VM from the drop-down menu. IP Address/FQDN Enter the IP Address or the FQDN details. Username Enter the user name you want to use for this data source. Password Enter the password.
- Click Validate.
- Define the polling interval for the configuration data collection. You can set the polling interval from 10 minutes to 7 days.
- Preset - Select the interval time from the predefined time set.
- Custom Interval - Set a value and select Minutes, Hours, and Days.
- In the Nickname text box, enter a nickname.
- (Optional) In the Notes text box, you can add a note if necessary.
- Click Submit.