You can add Cisco ASA as a data source in vRealize Network Insight.
You must have rights to the switch in the enable mode. The user's password must be same as the one used for the enable mode of Cisco ASA.
- On the Settings page, click Accounts and Data Sources.
- Click Add Source.
- Under Firewall group, click Cisco ASA.
- In the Add a New Cisco ASA Account or Source page, provide the required information.
Option Action Collector VM Select a collector VM from the drop-down menu. IP Address/FQDN Enter the IP address or the FQDN details. Username Enter the user name.Note: The user should have the enable mode privilege to set terminal length to 0, and for switching security context. Password Enter the password.Note: Ensure that you enter the same password as the one that you used for the enable mode of Cisco ASA.
- (Optional) To enable richer data collection, click Use SNMP (recommended for richer data collection) check box.
- Click Validate.
- In the Nickname text box, enter a nickname.
- (Optional) In the Notes text box, you can add a note if necessary.
- Click Submit.