In vRealize Network Insight Cloud, you can set up a naming preference for your applications and tiers. When you set up a naming preference, vRealize Network Insight Cloud renames the existing applications and tiers to match your preferences, and any newly discovered applications and tiers are named as per your selected naming preference.
By default, vRealize Network Insight Cloud names the applications and the tiers based on the names of the VMs that are part of the applications and the tiers. If the VM names are not logical or meaningful then the applications and the tiers names do not help you to find the actual applications or tiers.
- In the Scope bar of the Flows tab, click MODIFY.
- In the Discovery Preferences window, click Application and Tier Naming.
- From the Applications drop-down menu, select the naming preference you want to add.
You can select any one of the following naming preference: VM names, Security Groups, Security Tags, NSX-T Tags.
vRealize Network Insight Cloud renames your applications based on the properties you select. You can see how your selection changes the application names in the Tip section.
- From the Tiers drop-down menu, select the naming preference you want to add for your tiers.
- If you do not find your preferred naming preference from the drop-down menu, you can upload a .csv file with your custom properties. To upload a .csv file, select the Upload CSV to name Applications and Tiers check box and browse and select the file that you want to upload.
- Click SUBMIT.
If the applications or the tiers does not match you selected naming preference, then the system renames the applications or the tiers based on the VM names.