In vRealize Network Insight, you can specify for how long do you want to retain your data.
Note: vRealize Network Insight supports configurable data management on an enterprise license only. In the advanced license edition, the data retention defaults to 1 month.The data is divided into the following categories:
|Category||Minimum Value||Maximum Value|
|Events||1 month||13 months|
|Entities and Configuration Data||1 month||3 months|
|Metrics||1 month||13 months|
|Miscellaneous Data||NA||100 GB of additional disk space|
Note: For all the categories, the minimum value is the default value.
Different policies can be configured and controlled for each category. You can configure the policy as per your requirement.
To configure data management:
- On the top-right corner of the Home page, click and then click Settings.
- In the Settings section, click Data Management.
- When you log in for the first time, this page shows the default data.
- Click the information icon on more information on how data occupies the disk.
- Click Change Policy to change the data retention period for the various categories of data. Once you make the changes, the information is recorded in the database.
- Click Submit.
Note: The retention period for low-resolution metrics is longer than the high-resolution metrics.