In vRealize Network Insight, you can configure maximum four Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) trap agents to receive notifications. The product supports the v2c and v3 versions of SNMP:
- In the Settings page, click .
- In the Add SNMP Trap Destination page, in the Version drop-down box, select SNMPv2c or SNMPv3 protocol.
Note: SNMP v2c protocol does not require authentication. SNMP v3 protocol supports authentication.
- In the Destination IP Address/FQDN text box, enter the IP address of the SNMP agent or the Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN).
- In the Destination Port text box, enter a port number of the SNMP agent.
- Depending upon which version of SNMP you have selected, do one of the following:
Option Action For SNMP v2c In the Community String text box, enter a community string. For SNMP v3
- In the Username text box, enter the name of the user you have created in the SNMP agent.
- (Optional) Select the Use Authentication check box.
- (Optional) Select an authentication protocol, and then enter the password you had set for the particular user in the SNMP agent.
- (Optional) Select the Use Privacycheck box, and select a privacy protocol and enter a privacy phrase respectively.
- In the Nickname field, enter a nick name.
- (Optional) To verify whether the configuration is correctly done, click Test SNMP trap, and then check whether the trap has been sent to the SNMP agent.
- Click Submit.