You can add a physical flow collector and configure the switches to send sFlow and NetFlow records to the collector.
Note: For Cisco ASR/ISR (SD-WAN Assessment), If you have any existing data source in your environment, you need to add a separate collector. If you only have Cisco ASR/ISR (SD-WAN Assessment) data source then you do not need a separate collector. You can use the existing collector VM as a Physical Flow Collector for NetFlow and sFlow.If any other data source is also added on the proxy server, it is not available as a Physical Flow Collector for sFlow and NetFlow.
- In the Settings page, click Accounts and Data Sources.
- Click Add Source.
- Under Flows, click Physical Flow Collector (Netflow, sFlow).
sFlows are accepted only on the physical collector.
- Enter Nickname and Notes as required.
- Click Submit.
Note: vRealize Network Insight collects the packet samples for sFlow and so cannot show the complete metrics for the flows.
What to do next
- Define the destination (Collector IP address that you added in vRealize Network Insight).
- Set the port for the flow collector.
- Assign poll interval.
Note: The procedure to configure depends on the switch that you want to configure. For more information, see the specific switch documentation.