vRealize Network Insight 3.1 | 06 OCT 2016 | Build 1475522676
Check regularly for additions and updates to these release notes.
Last updated on 20 OCT 2016
The release notes cover the following topics:
The new and enhanced features in this release are as follows:
- Support for NSX Universal Objects
This feature offers visibility of the NSX universal objects configured across multiple NSX Managers. The following Universal objects are supported:
- Universal LDR
- Universal Transport Zone
- Universal Logical Switch
- Universal Firewall Rule
- Universal Security Group
- Universal IPSets
- Universal Service
- Universal Service Groups
- Universal Segment Range
- Multi-node clustering
This feature expands the product beyond single node platform deployments with a multi-node architecture for large enterprise 10k+ virtual machine environments. Customers can add additional platform nodes based on the number of virtual machines deployed within single or multi-site data centers.
- Customizable Event Configurations
Customer can disable any of the pre-defined events within Network Insight to prevent them from being displayed in the UI, and/or decide to archive events within the database.
- Configuration of public IP addresses within Network Insight for flow tagging
This feature allows the customer to specify public Internet IP addresses configured within their Datacenter for IPFIX flow analytics. This will help separate traffic to datacenter and internet clearly.
- SMTP Outbound Event and Alerting
This feature allows customers to specify SMTP server of their choice in Network Insight configuration. Search based or event notification mechanism will use the configured SMTP server to send email notificaitons.
- Active Directory support
This feature supports user authentication based on Active Directory® using LDAP and LDAPS protocols. It also supports restricting access to one or more specific groups.
- Firefox Browser Compatibility
Customers, including US federal accounts can now use Firefox as their browser of choice as the front end user interface. Chrome continues to be supported as well.
- Off-Line Upgrading
This feature allows customers to upgrade Network Insight that are not connected to internet.
- Platform health indicators
Using this feature, customers can now view the internal health of the Network Insight nodes via a visual indicator in the UI.
vRealize Network Insight 3.1 supports the following VMware products.
- VMware vSphere 5.5 upto Update 3
- VMware vSphere 6.0 upto Update 2
For IPFIX, VMware ESXi versions:
- VMware ESXi 5.5 Update 2 (Build 2068190) and above
- VMware ESXi 6.0 Update 1b (Build 3380124) and above
VMware NSX versions:
- VMware NSX 6.0.x
- VMware NSX 6.1.x
- VMware NSX 6.2.1 to 6.2.4
vRealize Network Insight 3.1 includes the following product documentation.
File a support ticket to request product upgrade and provide the Service Tag visible under Settings->About in the ticket.
Recommended firewall rules are enabled for evaluation mode.
The known issues and limitations for vRealize Network Insight 3.1 are as follows:
- New:A cumulative patch is made available to fix the following issues:
- The LDAP group restriction fails with an error Please use unique entries.
- NSX Universal objects support issue that causes certain data to be duplicated in rare circumstances.
See KB 2147365, for instructions.
- New: Only one VRF is supported for Cisco Catalyst® 4500 switches
- New: To configure group restriction in LDAP, the user provided to validate credentials must belong to one of the groups.
- SNMP v1 is no longer supported.
- Platform cluster feature does not support High Availability (HA) configuration. All the platform nodes need to be up and running for the cluster to work at optimal performance levels.
- VM to VM path feature does not support multiple VMs with same name.
- There is a known issue in events search list view where sometimes facet counts are incorrect upon selection and no events are shown.
- LDAP feature does not support group hierarchies. Access granted to a group does not automatically grant access to its subgroups.
- LDAP feature does not support restricting group access based on the Active Directory Primary Group
- Upon Evaluation license expiry, data providers are disabled and stop collecting data. After renewing license, the data providers must be enabled from the UI to start data collection.
- To use Gmail® server as the choice of Mail server, additional configuration settings as listed on https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6010255?hl=en are required.
- Export to CSV feature can export a maximum of 20,000 rows.
- VMware NSX® disabled firewall rules are not supported.
- During deployment, if a vRealize Network Insight Proxy Appliance is configured with incorrect IP address and incorrect shared secret, then the appliance goes in an unrecoverable state and has to be redeployed.
- Once a data provider is removed from the system, the same data provider can be added back only after two or more hours.
- Support bundle creation on a medium sized system can take in excess of fifteen minutes of time.
- NSX Credentials
NSX Manager Data Provider requires Enterprise role. If Central CLI is to be enabled, System Admin user credentials are required for NSX Manager Data Provider.
- When number of VMware vCenter® flows (4-tuples) exceed 600K, the processing of flow data on a Proxy VM is paused. It resumes only when number of active flows in the system are less than this limit. A flow in vRealize Network Insight 3.0 is a 4-tuple of (source IP, destination IP, destination port, protocol).
- More than 100,000 unique IP addresses are not supported for flow based analytics.
Top of Page