You can import the vRealize Network Insight Proxy OVA using vSphere Windows native client.
- Click .
- Browse to select the source location of OVA.
- Verify the OVF template details.
- Read the End-User License Agreement and click Accept.
- Ensure the desired folder is selected and give a name to the VM.
- Select the Deployment Configuration.
- Select a Host/Cluster where you want to run the deployed template.
- Select the Resource Pool in which you want to deploy this template.
- Select the Datastore where you want to store the files.
- Select Thin Provision as the Virtual Disk format.
- Select the Network that the deployed VM will use.
- Map the network from OVA to your inventory.
- Customize the template as mentioned below:
- Shared Secret for vRealize Network Insight Proxy: The shared secret generated on the onboarding page
- IPv4 Address: Second reserved static IP address
- Netmask: Subnet mask for the above static IP
- Gateway: Default gateway of your network
- DNS Server List: DNS servers of your environment
For multiple DNS servers, ensure that they are separated by commas.
- (Optional) : Domain Search List : Determines which domain to be appended for dns lookups
- NTP Server List: Enter the list of NTP servers and ensure that the NTP Server can be reached from the VM. The services will fail to start if NTP time is out of sync.
For multiple NTP servers, ensure that they are separated by commas.
- (Optional) : HTTP Proxy IP/FQDN and HTTP Proxy Port: For accessing the Internet using a proxy
- Deselect the Log Push Enable check box if you do not want to send diagnostic and troubleshooting data to VMware.
- Select the Health Telemetry Enable check box, to improve the product by sending anonymous data about product performance.
- Review the details and select the Power on after deployment check box then click Finish.
After the vRealize Network Insight Proxy OVA is deployed and running, you must verify whether the given static IP is set on vCenter Server.
- Click Finish, once Proxy Detected! message is displayed on the onboarding page. It will redirect to the Login Page.