You can deploy vRealize Network Insight using vSphere Web Client.
- Right-click on the Datacenter where you want to install the appliance and select Deploy OVF Template.
- Browse to select the source location of the appliance OVA.
- Verify the OVF template details.
- Read the End User License Agreement and click Accept.
- Select the destination folder in which you want to create the VM and give a desired name to the VM.
- Select the Deployment Configuration.
- Select a Host/Cluster where you want to run the deployed template.
- Select the Resource Pool in which you want to deploy this template.
- Select the Datastore where you want to store the files.
- Select Thin Provision as the Virtual Disk format.
- Select the Network that the deployed VM will use.
Selected network should allow the appliance to reach out to the Internet for support and upgrade.
- Customize the template as mentioned below:
- IPv4 Address: First reserved static IP address
- Netmask: Subnet mask for the above static IP
- Gateway: Default gateway of your network
- DNS Server List: DNS servers of your environment
- (Optional) Domain Search List: Determines which domain to be appended for dns lookups.
- NTP Server List: Enter the list of NTP servers and ensure that NTP Server can be reached from the VM. The services will fail to start if NTP time is out of sync.
- (Optional) Web Proxy IP/FQDN and Web Proxy Port: For accessing the Internet using a proxy
- (Optional) Syslog server IP : Syslog server IP [Optional]: IP address of the syslog server where you want to send the syslog messages
- Select the Health Telemetry Enable check box to improve the product by sending anonymous data about product performance.
- Review the details and select the Power on after deployment check box, then click Finish.