Whenever there is a new version of vRealize Network Insightavailable, you will receive a notification.
About this task
- Check if the update notification is available on the Install and Support page under Settings. For example:
Updates: A new version <version_number> is available! Pop Up Notification: Upgrade available!
- Click View details to view details of update.
- Click Install Now on the details page to download and upgrade the vRealize Network Insight deployment.
- Verify the upgraded version from the product UI under Settings page to be one that is mentioned in the update.
- If the update notification is not available, verify that both vRealize Network Insight Platform and Proxy VMs have connectivity to
svc.ni.vmware.comon port 443 and
reg.ni.vmware.comon port 443 by running the
If this connectivity requires
http proxy, configure it on each VM using the
Ensure that the output contains upgrade connectivity status as
- File a support ticket and provide the service tag from the product UI. The service tag is shown under Settings.
- Provide a screenshot of the
show-connectivity-statuscommand output from each vRealize Network Insight Platform and Proxy VMs.
After VMware support enables the online upgrade, return to step 1 and 2.