You can define a mapping between subnet and a VLAN.
About this task
You can use this mapping for the following:
Enriching the information about the IP entities that are learned from physical to physical flows by adding the source and destination subnets and the Layer2 networks associated with the flow.
Planning the network topology based on the subnet and VLAN for physical addresses.
- In the Settings page, click IP Properties and Subnets..
- Click Physical IP and DNS Mapping.
- In the Settings page, under IP Properties and Subnets, click Physical Subnets and VLANs.
This page lists all the subnets and the associated VLAN IDs.
- Click Add to add the subnet and VLAN information.
- After defining the mapping information, you can only edit the VLAN ID that is associated with the subnet. It is not possible to change to the subnet CIDR associated with the VLAN Id. To edit a subnet associated with the VLAN ID, delete the subnet to be edited and create a subnet VLAN mapping with the required values.
When the subnet-VLAN mapping information is updated, a new VLAN is created for the specified VLAN ID and the subnet information is associated with this VLAN.
- To delete the subnet-VLAN ID mapping, click the delete icon.
All VLAN creation, updation, and deletion operations do not happen immediately after the subnet and VLAN mappings are created. It takes some time for the changes to be propagated and the corresponding VLAN being to be created or modified.