vRealize Network Insight 3.6 | 14 NOVEMBER 2017 | Build 1509991432
Check regularly for additions and updates to this page.
Last updated on 14 NOVEMBER 2017
The release notes cover the following topics:
The new and enhanced features in this release are as follows:
- Flow Support for Physical Servers (Enterprise Edition)
vRealize Network Insight supports any device that sends NetFlow data. Netflow versions 5, 7, 9 and IPFIX are supported. The flows involving the physical entities are enriched with the information about the DNS domains, DNS Host names, Subnets, and Layer2 Networks. This feature is available only for the Enterprise License users only.
- Flow Analytics Dashboard (Enterprise Edition)
The newly added flow analytics dashboard analyzes network flow data and provides deeper insights into network behavior by reporting on top talkers, new services that are accessed, and outliers. These insights can significantly aid network troubleshooting, capacity planning and security auditing activities, while also provide accounting reports to other parts of the organization. This feature is available for the Enterprise License users only.
- AWS Enhancement (Enterprise Edition)
The Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) dashboard is enhanced to show a topology of the security posture of the VPC and make security group troubleshooting easier. Security groups and firewall rules are analyzed to identify who can talk to whom as well as misconfigurations. In addition, vRealize Network Insight now also supports AWS GovCloud. This feature is available for the Enterprise License users only.
- Integration with NSX-T 2.0
vRealize Network Insight integrates with the NSX-T deployments in which the VMs are managed by vCenter to provide visibility into the NSGroups and the Firewall Rules.
- Public API
The first version of Public API for vRealize Network Insight is available from this release. The REST APIs offer services for Authentication, Data Source Management, Entities, Applications, Micro Segmentation, and Search. The API specifications are accessible from the product UI under Profile. Currently, the API access is for the On-Premises version of software only.
- Expanding Deployment Clusters
vRealize Network Insight now supports the expansion of an existing cluster. You can add upto 10 platform nodes. This functionality is supported through the CLI by using the
cluster expand command.. For details, refer the vRealize Network Insight Command Line Interface Guide.
- Expanded Support for the Third Party Devices as Data Sources
- Palo Alto Panorama 8.0
- Arista 7X series (DCS-7050QX-32S & DCS-7280SE-72)
- Juniper QFX 51xx series
- Cisco Nexus 3K
- NTP Server Handling
Reporting has been enabled if the NTP server is out of sync. The
ntp command has been added for managing the NTP server.
The following documentation is available at vRealize Network Insight Information Center:
For this release, the API Documentation is available for On-Premise release only.
vRealize Network Insight 3.6 allows the user to upgrade directly from the version 3.5 or from the version 3.4.
Refer to the Upgrading vRealize Network Insight section to get information on upgrade options.
The resolved issues for vRealize Network Insight 3.6 are as follows:
- vRealize Network Insight raises a false alarm for the NSX VIB or host module not detected on host event if the NSX version is 6.3.3 and the vSphere ESXi host version is 6.0 or later. This is due to the change in the NSX VIB names on the ESXi host. Refer to the 2151868 KB article for more details.
- The VM to VM Path widget shows the unknown path for the topologies involving Juniper QFX.
- The UI shows the Failed for unknown reason, please retry or contact support error.
The known issues and limitations for vRealize Network Insight 3.6 are as follows:
- vRealize Network Insight does not support rollback or product downgrade. It is recommended that you take a backup.
- The datastore metrics of a VM are not shown on vRealize Network Insight if it is hosted on vSAN Datastore.
- If the vCenter and the associated NSX manager data sources are not attached to the same proxy server, you will not see the denied flows (when NSX IPFIX is enabled) and the
Applied Firewall Rule will be missing in some flows.
- The NAT rules on the NSX Edge version 5.5 or the previous versions are not supported.
- The firewall rule section of the PCI Compliance dashboard may show incorrect rules if the selected scope is a nested security group in NSX or an application when multiple NSX managers are added as a data source.
- The sub-interfaces on VRF for Cisco Nexus 7000/9000 are not supported.
- In the
Applied To grouping criteria, the NSX edge is not supported.
- The platform cluster does not support the high availability (HA) configuration. All the platform nodes need to be up and running for the cluster to work at optimal performance levels.
- The LDAP feature does not support restricting group access based on the Active Directory Primary Group.
- The recommended firewall rules support only global rules creation. The creation of universal rules is not supported.
- The plan topology widget has options to select all flows, all protected flows, and so on. The flows that are solely captured from VDS and not from NSX IPFIX only show up when the all flows option is selected because their protection status is classified as unknown not as protected or unprotected.
- The Export as CSV option is not supported for advanced searches that use
- Some events such as
Host network control plane mismatch are not raised if the datacenter is not at the top level and is located inside a folder in vCenter.
- The NSX Manager data provider requires Enterprise role access. If the central CLI is enabled, then the user credentials of the system administrator are required for the NSX Manager data provider.
- You must enable NSX central CLI in the Settings page to get visibility into the NSX NAT settings.
- The product update notifications are supported only for the single-platform node deployment that is connected to Internet.
- There is a known issue in the list view for events search where sometimes facet counts are incorrect upon selection and no events are shown.
- The browser needs to be refreshed after clearing the browser cache once the product upgrade is complete.
- Upon the expiry of the Evaluation license, the data providers are disabled and they stop collecting data. After renewing the license, the data providers must be enabled again from the UI to start data collection.
- To use Gmail® server as the choice of mail server, additional configuration settings as listed on https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6010255?hl=en are required.
- The Export to CSV feature can export a maximum of 20,000 rows.
- After you remove a data provider from the system, you can add the same data provider back only after two or more hours.
- The support bundle creation on a medium sized system can take in excess of fifteen minutes.
VMware MIB Files
For MIB information, see Determining the MIB module listing, name, and type of an SNMP OID. You can download the SNMP MIB module file from the 1013445 KB article.
Top of Page