You can analyze the flows by selecting scope and segment them accordingly based on entities such as VLAN/VXLAN, Security Groups, Application, Tier, Folder, Subnet, Cluster, virtual machine (VM), Port, Security Tag, Security Group, and IPSet. The micro-segmentation dashboard provides the analysis details with the topology diagram. This dashboard consists of the following sections:
- Micro-Segments: This widget provides the diagram for topology planning. You can select the type of group and flows. Based on your inputs, you can view the corresponding topology planning diagram.
- Traffic Distribution: This widget provides the details of the traffic distribution in bytes.
- Top Ports by Bytes: This widget lists the top 100 ports that record the highest traffic. The metrics for the flow count and the flow volume are provided. You can view the flows for a particular port by clicking the count of flows corresponding to that port.
To access the micro-segmentation dashboard:
- On the navigation panel on the left side of the home page, click Security>Plan Security.
- Select the scope, subscope, and the duration for which you want to plan and analyze. Click Analyze.
- The micro-segmentation dashboard appears.