If a proxy VM is down or deleted, you can add a new proxy VM and migrate data source from the old proxy VM to the new proxy VM.
To migrate a data source:
- In the Install and Support page, under the Collector (Proxy) VMs section, click the edit icon.
If a proxy VM is down, you can see the error message that proxy VM is not available under the same section.
- In the Edit Collector (Proxy) VM page, you can assign a nickname to the proxy VM.
- The Edit Collector (Proxy) page lists all the data sources added to the proxy. To migrate a data source, click Migrate for a particular data source.
- The Edit account or source page appears. Ensure that you fill the following information:
Collector (Proxy) VM
Name of the new proxy VM to which the data source has to be migrated
Pre-filled IP/FQDN address of data source
Username for the data source
Password for the data source
- Click Validate. Click Submit. The data source is then deleted in the old proxy VM and is added to the new proxy VM.
- Once the migration is successful, you will see the new proxy VM against the data source in the Enabled column in the Accounts and Data Sources page.
If you are migrating vCenter to another proxy VM, then sure that you migrate the corresponding NSX Manager also to the same proxy VM.
When you migrate NSX Manager to another proxy VM, the child data providers such as NSX Controller and NSX Edge are migrated as well to the new proxy VM.