In the vRealize Network Insight-vRealize Log Insight integration, the alerts generated by vRealize Log Insight are consumed by vRealize Network Insight. Whenever a security group is created or modified, the logs of NSX are sent to vRealize Log Insight which in turn sends an alert. After receiving the alert, vRealize Network Insight polls the NSX Manager on which the security group was created and fetches the corresponding data for the changed security groups. Currently, this integration supports only the security group CRUD-related alerts.
The vRealize Network Insight-vRealize Log Insight integration supports the following versions:
VMware vRealize Log Insight 4.5 and later versions
VMware vRealize Network Insight v3.8 and later versions
VMware NSX Manager v6.2 and later versions
You should have installed the Log Insight server in your environment.
You should have configured the NSX Manager to send the logs to vRealize Log Insight.
You should have installed the NSX Content Pack for vRealize Network Insight in vRealize Log Insight.
- Create or reuse a vRealize Log Insight user with access to the APIs of vRealize Log Insight.
- On the Install and Support page, click Accounts and Data Sources.
- Click Add Source.
- Click Log Insight under Log Servers.
- On the Add a New Log Insight Server Account or Source page, click Instructions next to the page title. A pop-up window appears that provides the prerequisites for adding the Log Insight data source and the instructions to enable the Webhook URL on vRealize Log Insight.
The Webhook URL, which is generated after the addition of the data source, is used in vRealize Log Insight.
- Enter the required details.
Collector (Proxy) VM
Select the IP address of the data collector that you have deployed for the data collection process.
IP Address / FQDN
Enter the IP address or the FQDN of the data source.
Enter the user name you want to use for a particular data source.
Enter the password for the data source.
Select the respective authentication provider for the credentials that you have provided.
- After the data source has been created, a pop-up window appears that will provide the Webhook URL and the steps that have to be performed to enable this URL on vRealize Log Insight. Copy the Webhook URL, enable alerts in the vRealize Log Insight application, and configure this Webhook URL. Send Test Alert to ensure that the integration is successful.